RageTrades Classifieds
Never register on any ROB site with the same email and/or password you use to get into the game. Sites can track these and use them to gain access to your game information, cards, personal info, etc...

Please Register to Gain full access to this site & personalize your profile to receive alerts when your topics are replied to. Guests may also post or reply in certain areas.

Classified Listings for Rage of Bahamut Game. An Extention of the Popular Website RageTrades.Blogspot.com

HomeRegisterCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
RageTrades Home

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» looking for Empusa
Mon May 11, 2015 12:45 pm by Guest

» SSR/SR/HR trading off my man and gods cards for demons and HP
Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm by Guest

» S/T high rares, rares etc
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:39 am by Guest

» SSR's FOR SALE/TRADE & LOOKING FOR SSR's
Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:20 am by jeremycarroll84

» "The Hentai Elite" Recruiting free spots everywhere
Sat May 31, 2014 11:40 am by Guest

» empusa++ and angel knight x2 for trade,looking for ssr-leg man cards
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:41 pm by Guest

» LF Little Princess Vania T/B
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 am by AssaultEmpire

» Fleet war tigress
Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:16 pm by Guest

» Pc base angelic steel max lvl
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:28 am by Guest

» Lord Arthur for trade looking for merlin lucius hector
Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 am by ac3wild

» Lord Arthur for trade looking for merlin lucius hector
Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 am by ac3wild

» Summertime nightmare
Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:02 am by Guest

» pc on UE Shiva or a possible equal demon trade
Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:36 pm by devious77

» Looking for crusader amelia up for TRADE
Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 am by Guest

» Looking for Crusader amelia for TRADE ONLY
Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:42 pm by Guest

» Hp 4 sail...
Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 pm by Shadow2101

» Recruiting for the eternal enigma
Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:22 pm by Dagga

» Hi Guys I have Fairy Princess, Sephirot and Fox Spirit all skill level 10 for trade
Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:15 pm by kiddestro

» New Player looking for good order! RoB addict in just 3 days!
Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 am by A.nt.G

» T - 2 ff azi and 2 ff medusa, L.F. 2 ff ultimate bahamut
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:50 am by A.nt.G

» IMPORTANT FOR ALL ROB PLAYERS
Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm by Gumz232

Mon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm by Gumz232

Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm by Gumz232

Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm by Gumz232

» League Of Angels looking to rebuild!
Mon May 13, 2013 6:57 am by Gumz232

Poll
Already Used RageTrades? If so has it helped you with the game?
Absolutely! I have learned more here than other ROB Sites!
57%
 57% [ 80 ]
Yes, I have found it quite helpful and always find something new on each visit. They have similar info to other sites, but you don't have to visit all over 5 different ones to get all the info you need
34%
 34% [ 47 ]
It is a good site, but I find most of its competitors have the same information.
4%
 4% [ 5 ]
It has been fairly helpful, but not as helpful as most others.
2%
 2% [ 3 ]
Hasn't helped me at all, not because I'm an experienced player, but I don't understand anything because of the way it is written
1%
 1% [ 2 ]
I am a RageTrade Competitor and I dislike RageTrades.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I am a RageTrade Competitor and I even enjoy it.
2%
 2% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 140
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Reina Card Holder
Reina Card Holder

Rage Level : 2858

PostSubject: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 am

Many players have been outraged throughout the course of game with cygames lack of UDID security. Cygames identifies each of its accounts based on what's called Unique Device Identifier. This is a 40 digit alphanumeric code that every mobile device comes with. When a game such as Rage of Bahamut uses this as its sole basis to identify each account, it makes it as susceptible to hackers today as an early 1990s website. This is because the hacker only needs to get that one number to access your account, rather than your email or password.

It's no secret that cygames has never attempted to reimburse any of it's Rob TOS Violation customers if they were in fact hacked (Even after repeat offenders were naive enough to use the same account over and over to "gift" the hacked cards). But more so now than ever, the hacking is at all time high.

In addition to the top order in Holy Wars 5 being disbanded, Some of the top battle rankers were as well. My question is what is it going to take for cygames to strengthen their security system? Also for Mobage to reimburse their Rob TOS Violation customers who have fallen pray to these scammers?

8/18/12 - Top 1 & 2 Battle Rankers:

Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ragetrades.forumotion.com
TaraCherry
High Rare Card Holder
High Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2322

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:53 am

That's Horrible! When I think about all the money I've personally put into this game, it makes me cringe. I can only imagine what the top players are feeling right now.

Is there anything we can do to guard against these attacks?

ROB_IGN: TaraCherry

PALRINGO_ID: 20306285

KIK_UserName: TaraCherry

Back to top Go down
Admin
Reina Card Holder
Reina Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:00 am

Well for starters you can log out of your account when you're not using it. Bc when they go in through your UDID, they will see only a log in screen just as you would when you have to log back in. However, they can still log in if you are currently in the game. Almost as if you were logged in from two different devices.

darkarn
S Rare Card Holder
S Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2321

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm

...is this security flaw iOS specific only? Cos' I do not think UDIDs are being used in the Android system as far as I know...
Back to top Go down
MoonlitMystery
High Rare Card Holder
High Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2320

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:53 am

Admin wrote:
My question is what is it going to take...for Mobage to reimburse their Rob TOS Violation customers who have fallen pray to these scammers?

this is all so disheartening. they released a memo today that no one will be compensated.

Reina Card Holder
Reina Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:58 pm

darkarn wrote:
...is this security flaw iOS specific only? Cos' I do not think UDIDs are being used in the Android system as far as I know...

Android uses a similar tag. As a matter of fact, I think most of the people hacked were using android devices. It could also be the cause of people signing up for forums such as this and using their same email and password as the one they use in the game. (which I strongly advise against)

MoonlitMystery wrote:
Admin wrote:
My question is what is it going to take...for Mobage to reimburse their Rob TOS Violation customers who have fallen pray to these scammers?

this is all so disheartening. they released a memo today that no one will be compensated.

Yeah sad but true. I don't understand how Mobage and cygames expect people to shell out money when they themselves aren't making an effort to heighten security on their end.

darkarn
S Rare Card Holder
S Rare Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:15 am

Man, now I am worried (Android user here) Sad

And as for compensation, my guess is that they are worried about fake claims; maybe that's why they are so unwilling to compensate at all in the first place?
Back to top Go down
skitchvehemence
High Rare Card Holder
High Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2313

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Thank you for the update, helpful as ever! =]

Do you think Mobage or Cygames will ever make the game so an account can only be accessed on a single device at a time? Would that slow or stop hackers? Not to mention stop the 'Lockout' strategy.

Also looking at a legal side, by having such weak security measures and not doing anything to prevent hacking do you think either company could be subject to lawsuit? Shouldn't they be afraid? Some people can be pretty sue-happy over remarkably trivial things.
Back to top Go down
IslangCards
High Rare Card Holder
High Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2314

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:49 am

Can cygames trace the hacker to confirm its not boy crying wolf?

Sidenote: Thank you for building this website, I wonder if there is a hp donation address.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Reina Card Holder
Reina Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 am

skitchvehemence wrote:
Thank you for the update, helpful as ever! =]

Do you think Mobage or Cygames will ever make the game so an account can only be accessed on a single device at a time? Would that slow or stop hackers? Not to mention stop the 'Lockout' strategy.

Also looking at a legal side, by having such weak security measures and not doing anything to prevent hacking do you think either company could be subject to lawsuit? Shouldn't they be afraid? Some people can be pretty sue-happy over remarkably trivial things.

Well most games at least log you out of one device as you log into another. Kinda like a warning system if you are on at the time.

Which reminds me, if I haven't already mentioned it earlier... If you have SSR cards or Legends in your acct during HW, do yourself a favor and log out each time you are not playing the game. HW is prime time for these predators Bc they get to see players decks that aren't necessarily online. The only other card you want to be careful of is the Devil Queen, placing these card as your leader or on your wish list can cause trouble for you if you have more than 1. All a hacker has to do is see that and start the process of what looks like he/she is sending you a gift. If they have that card or if it is on your WL, it will automatically tell them how many you have. Thus giving appeal to your account.
As for the legal side, until someone actually takes legal action against them and wins, they have no reason to heighten their security

IslangCards wrote:
Can cygames trace the hacker to confirm its not boy crying wolf?

Sidenote: Thank you for building this website, I wonder if there is a hp donation address.

No Bc the users are going in through the exact same UDID or Oauth used in your verification process. Until cygames implements an extra precaution, there's no way they can know.

As for the hp, I was thinking about doing a 50/50 as (suggested by Andrj072 ) to try and [censored] some of my hard working mods. Just not sure how many ppl would be interested or able to trust something like that in light of recent events. Perhaps I could use a site like random.org to get the numbers for the entries. Something to think about in future I suppose. Until then there's always the option of sending it directly to IGN: Ragetrades. Ty for your generosity.

darkarn
S Rare Card Holder
S Rare Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm

From what I understand, you can use one account from more than one device simultaneously. And I think the "Safeguard" option should also be used whenever possible to not get people attracted to your account?
Back to top Go down
projecteulogy
Rare Card Holder
Rare Card Holder

Rage Level : 2254

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:44 am

This is beyond bad. I work for Sprint Blackberry and Android Technical support. When you use device registration, this information is actually sent to Cy. Which is now in their possession. I'm not sure how Cy can legally keep this information. This is the only way they can know you have a "Clean" device with no ROB info on it.

Let me see if i can explain this without losing anyone..

You buy a phone with Sprint, activate it. If you cancel your account, your phone cannot be taken off the account and put onto another one until its paid. Until you [censored] off your balance with the Carrier, the device doesn't actually belong to you until you activate another device on the line. What im trying to get at, is this information should only be available to the owner of the phone and the phone company. Just like the MSL to your phone. Never EVER give that # out. Its your phone's SSN#. Its Unique for the device and you cannot fake these. I broke our system several times trying.

The fact that they have no way of tracking what is sent back and forth (ie: inbox/outbox that shouldnt be deletable) between users makes me nauseous. I have a feeling Cygames and Mobage both are going to have legal problems if they don't get their act together. Having a crappy game is one thing, creating a gargantuan cluster **** security issue is another. When I go into work tomorrow, i'm going to speak with a few people and see exactly what can be done about this issue besides simply "safeguarding cards to avoid attention" because this is a Developer issue, not a customer issue. its their system that is faulty and allowing people who've spent money on this game to lose all progress and have to start over.

A bank gets robbed, guess what? Your money is insured. You spent 300$ on this game and get hacked? I'm sure Cy/Mob Customer Service doesn't care because people are spending thousands daily for virtual items that are not safe and they get a [censored] anyway.

S Rare Card Holder
S Rare Card Holder

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

You mean that the MSL/SSN is given out to Cygames/Mobage as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.    

Back to top Go down

↯NEWS FLASH↯ Top Players and Orders Hacked.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RageTrades Classifieds :: ★ RageTrades Classifieds Announcements & Exclusives :: ☆ROB NEWS, GOSSIP & RUMORS☆-
Jump to: